Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
City of Fairfax Calendar
- No events
- CANCELLED: City Council Meeting (07/26/2016 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- Summer Nights in the City - Old Town Plaza Music Series - Mr. Skip (07/29/2016 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Summer Nights in the City - Summer Under the Stars (07/28/2016 8:00 PM)
- Kidz Korner - Mr. Skip (07/30/2016 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM)
- Yoga on the Square (07/31/2016 10:00 AM)
- Yoga on the Square (07/26/2016 6:30 AM)
- Pop Up Adventure Playground- Thaiss Park (07/27/2016 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
- Children's Performance Series - Mr. Skip (08/01/2016 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM)
- Sunday Farmers Market (07/31/2016 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- Community Farmers Market (07/30/2016 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- Extreme Heat Tips: Prepare your house; prepare for power outages; check on pets, neighbors & children; limit outdoor activities; stay hydrated and never leave anyone, including pets in a parked car. Info: 703-385-4856 or OEM@fairfaxva.gov. July 25, 2016
- Daily Crime Bulletin July 25, 2016
- TODAY, Monday July 25 - No Children's Performance at Splash Pad July 25, 2016
- MONDAY YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION POSTPONED TO 7/26. Tuesday routes are currently expected to be collected on 7/26. Information: 703-385-7837 or RefuseRecycling@fairfaxva.gov. July 25, 2016
- Monday Yard Debris Collection Postponed to Tuesday, 7/26 July 25, 2016
- Weather Alert: Extreme Heat and Pet Planning During Current Heat Wave July 25, 2016
- Weather Alert: Heat-Related Safety Tips July 22, 2016
Last Updated on Jul 26 2016, 2:52 am EDT
Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: North at 4mph
Commission on the Arts
The City of Fairfax is a vibrant and thriving community with much to offer businesses, residents and artists. The City of Fairfax Commission on the Arts was created in 1979 to encourage, to promote and to provide opportunity for artistic expression within the city. The Commission is working to continue the enrichment of the community through funding, information, encouragement, exhibits, education, and co-ordination.
Funding—grants to arts organizations in the City of Fairfax.
Information—marketing and publicity of upcoming arts events.
Encouragement—funding to aid and assist emerging arts groups.
Exhibits—provide opportunities for exhibition of works of art.
Education—support programs designed to increase understanding and appreciation of the arts in City schools.
Coordination—working with area arts organizations to open new avenues and venues for the arts in the city.
If you or your organization would like to apply for a grant, contact us for more information: 703-352-2787 or email email@example.com.
These are some recipients of grants from the Commission on the Arts. By receiving grants from the Commission they have staged performances, concerts, book readings and generally improved the artistic benefits to their members, students and audiences alike. More
The Bonita Lestina Performance Series at Old Town Hall this year celebrates a more than 20 year tradition at Old Town Hall! Please consider becoming a Friend of the Series. Your donation will help us to continue to bring in the professional performers that we have always enjoyed here in the City of Fairfax.
The Commission on the Arts meets on the third Tuesday in the month at The Sherwood Center, 3740 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax. More
These FREE performance series are presented by Fairfax Commission on the Arts at Old Town Hall, 3999 University Drive. Parking is available at the parking garage at Old Town Plaza as well as at other free parking lots in the City. Click here for the City’s Parking Map. Program details are subject to change. More
Join us for Summer Nights in the City on Thursdays and Fridays!
Old Town Plaza Series
Old Town Plaza (Next to the Wine House) Fridays at 7pm
June 5 – Alte Kamerden Octet
June 12 – Legacy Brass
June 19 – Fairfax Saxophone Quartet
June 26 – Main Street Trombone Quartet
July 3 – Mr. More
Do you want to be an active advocate for the arts?
Have you been a City resident for the past year?
Are you a registered voter in the City?
Volunteer to serve on the Commission on the Arts!
If you are interested in serving on this Commission please send a letter of interest and resume of pertinent experiences (not required) to: