Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
City of Fairfax Calendar
- No events
- Fairfax Symphony Orchestra (12/09/2016 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- Comedy Improv Show (12/09/2016 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB) Meeting (12/08/2016 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Old Town Hall Performance Series: Bonita Lestina (12/09/2016 8:00 PM)
- Avenue Q (12/04/2016 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (12/04/2016 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
- The Hub Theatre (12/10/2016 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- The Hub Theatre (12/09/2016 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- The Hub Theatre (12/10/2016 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
- The Hub Theatre (12/04/2016 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
- Construction Notice for Fairfax Boulevard and Oak Street Drainage Improvements Project December 2, 2016
- University Drive Sidewalk Construction Notice December 2, 2016
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at George Mason University: Registration begins 12/2 for winter term 2017 classes (1/17 – 2/13). Sample OLLI with two free class visits. Call 703-503-3384, email email@example.com, or go to olli.gmu.edu. December 2, 2016
- Deer Population Control Program Continues 12/5-6 December 2, 2016
- Lane Configuration Change - University Drive between Armstrong Street and Sager Avenue December 2, 2016
- DEER POPUATION CONTROL PROGRAM: Wildlife specialists, escorted by uniformed police and animal control officers in marked police vehicles, will locate does for the procedure during the night time hours of 12/5 & 12/6. Information: 703-273-2889 or firstname.lastname@example.org. December 2, 2016
- Shop Local This Holiday Season December 1, 2016
Last Updated on Dec 4 2016, 9:52 pm EST
Current Conditions: Light Rain
Wind: South at 6mph
Commission on the Arts
The City of Fairfax is a vibrant and thriving community with much to offer businesses, residents and artists. The City of Fairfax Commission on the Arts was created in 1979 to encourage, to promote and to provide opportunity for artistic expression within the city. The Commission is working to continue the enrichment of the community through funding, information, encouragement, exhibits, education, and co-ordination.
Funding—grants to arts organizations in the City of Fairfax.
Information—marketing and publicity of upcoming arts events.
Encouragement—funding to aid and assist emerging arts groups.
Exhibits—provide opportunities for exhibition of works of art.
Education—support programs designed to increase understanding and appreciation of the arts in City schools.
Coordination—working with area arts organizations to open new avenues and venues for the arts in the city.
If you or your organization would like to apply for a grant, contact us for more information: 703-352-2787 or email email@example.com.
These are some recipients of grants from the Commission on the Arts. By receiving grants from the Commission they have staged performances, concerts, book readings and generally improved the artistic benefits to their members, students and audiences alike. More
The Bonita Lestina Performance Series at Old Town Hall this year celebrates a more than 20 year tradition at Old Town Hall! Please consider becoming a Friend of the Series. Your donation will help us to continue to bring in the professional performers that we have always enjoyed here in the City of Fairfax.
The Commission on the Arts meets on the third Tuesday in the month at The Sherwood Center, 3740 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax. More
These FREE performance series are presented by Fairfax Commission on the Arts at Old Town Hall, 3999 University Drive. Parking is available at the parking garage at Old Town Plaza as well as at other free parking lots in the City. Click here for the City’s Parking Map. Program details are subject to change. More
Join us for Summer Nights in the City on Thursdays and Fridays!
Old Town Plaza Series
Old Town Plaza (Next to the Wine House) Fridays at 7pm
June 5 – Alte Kamerden Octet
June 12 – Legacy Brass
June 19 – Fairfax Saxophone Quartet
June 26 – Main Street Trombone Quartet
July 3 – Mr. More
Do you want to be an active advocate for the arts?
Have you been a City resident for the past year?
Are you a registered voter in the City?
Volunteer to serve on the Commission on the Arts!
If you are interested in serving on this Commission please send a letter of interest and resume of pertinent experiences (not required) to: