Sign Up to Stay in Touch
Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
City of Fairfax Calendar
- No events
- Family Fun Movie Night (02/24/2017 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Old Town Hall Performance Series: Bonita Lestina (02/24/2017 8:00 PM)
- Funday Monday (02/27/2017 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM)
- Fairfax Art League - Art & Lunch (02/25/2017 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
- American Youth Philharmonic Orchestras (02/26/2017 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM)
- City of Fairfax Band Association (02/26/2017 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
- School Board Work Session (02/27/2017 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM)
- City Council Meeting (02/28/2017 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
- Daily Crime Bulletin February 21, 2017
- PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING - Monday, 2/27, 7 PM, City Hall Annex. This meeting will be televised and will be in the video archive on February 28 at www.fairfaxva.gov. February 21, 2017
- CITY COUNCIL MEETING - Tuesday, 2/28, 7 PM, City Hall Annex. This meeting will be televised and will be in the video archive on March 1 at www.fairfaxva.gov. February 21, 2017
- “A Slave No More: Lewis Lee of Fairfax Court House” –The incredible story of a mulatto slave related to the Willcoxon family, his escape from slavery and the choices he made as a free man. Saturday, 2/25, 2 PM, Civil War Interpretive Center, 3610 Old Lee Highway. Information: 703-591-6728. February 21, 2017
- ART & LUNCH EVENT: Hosted by the Fairfax Art League at the Village Gallery, Saturday, 2/25, noon-3 PM. Bring a lunch. Free and open to the public. New members welcome. Information: www.fairfaxartleague.net or 703-587-9481. February 21, 2017
- SHERWOOD CINEMA SERIES: Angry Birds - Friday, 2/24, 7 PM, Shewood Community Center, 3740 Old Lee Highway. February 21, 2017
- City of Fairfax Police Add New Red Light Cameras February 21, 2017
Last Updated on Feb 22 2017, 1:52 pm EST
Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: South at 6mph
The City of Fairfax is perfectly positioned for both the active urban experience and rugged outdoor adventure.
Within the City’s six square miles, there are 21 parks dedicated to recreational pursuits and the preservation of open space. There are numerous locations to play a game of pick up basketball or volleyball, engage in an active game of tennis or go for a jog. To match your interests with the park closest to your hotel, call 703-385-7858.
Since 1972, the Fairfax Racquet Club has been one of the premier racquet and fitness clubs in the Washington Metropolitan area.
703 273 9276
City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation
Green Acres Center
The City of Fairfax maintains 21 parks within 6 square miles with tennis and basketball courts, walking trails, volleyball and horseshoe pits, a skateboard park, and picnic areas. More
9701 Manassas Drive
Manassas, VA 20111
The Water Mine Waterpark
1400 Lake Fairfax Drive
Reston, VA 20190 More
The City of Fairfax is also part of The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, an exceptional organization created in l959, which maintains 21 parks. It’s a diverse system that protects open space and natural flora and fauna while offering an array of leisure activities!
The Gateway Regional Park located on the City’s southeastern border, offers hikers and bikers access to the County Accotink Creek Trail and the W&OD Trail. More
Right in the city’s center, Van Dyck Park on Old Lee Highway offers something for every age group. There’s a lighted basketball court, sand pit volleyball court, lighted tennis courts and an exercise trail for public use. There’s also a skateboard park popular with teens and pre-teens and an exceptional playground for tots. More
Civil War Trails is a system linking over 750 Civil War sites in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and West Virginia through a combination of driving, biking and walking trails. The City of Fairfax is one of the 388 sites interpreted in Virginia. For more information and free brochures, call 1 800 545 7950 or visit www.civilwartrails.org Follow the bugle signs to the interpretive marker at Fairfax Museum and Visitor Center, 10209 Main Street, Fairfax More
13940 Balmoral Greens Ave
Clifton, VA 20124
Centreville, VA 20121 More